I have had an e-mail from Kate Henry asking details for other ways to contact
Downing Street and so I am here posting the snail mail address and fax
number.

10 Downing Street,
London,
SW1A 2AA

Fax Number 442079250918

However, there will be a minister who is more directly responsible with this
issue than the Prime Minister and all correspondence to Downing Street should
also be copied and sent to/for the attention of that person as well
.

Do any of our politically more alert UK Arachnes any idea which brief this
would come under, and who the Minister concerned would be?  Education?
Culture?
 If you have, pretty please would you post any links to that person that you
can find as I am off up to Drumnadrochit on Thursday, (after teaching all day
tomorrow) to visit my daughter and see my latest grand-daughter, now 6 weeks
old, for the first time.  So my access to the internet for the next week will
be limited.

If it hasn't been resolved by the time I am back in the real world, perhaps
Southampton TCC would be the best place to ask and I will do that.

I think that contact from overseas may well in some ways almost carry more
weight than concern in this country, and it may bring home to the powers that
be
how important this centre is.

Jacquie