Malvary wrote:

<$48 for 4 small books sounds a bit high (actually sounds a lot high).>

and others have commented that it seems high.

USD48.99 was the actual cost of postage, printed on the postage receipt (what used to be a stamp) for Standard International Flat Rate Postage (by air). The seller didn't charge for packaging. The actual postage cost if I had chosen surface mail would have been USD20.95 and would have taken 6 - 8 weeks. I chose the higher rate because I'm impatient.

Jean in Poole, Dorset, UK