It is a shame. too.  I really like ebay. but mostly I use it to see what it
available or information...seldom buying ;-)
 Sadly, BarbE

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ; Lace@arachne.com
  Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2007 2:08 PM
  Subject: Re: [lace] Postage costs

  It is very important, when dealing with eBay, to be sure you understand the
shipping charges and return charges.  Some sellers intentionally sell their
goods at a very low price, but post outrageously high shipping costs.  They
usually claim they will cheerfully return your purchase price if you're not
happy (but not the shipping).  The result is that people rarely ever return
anything.

  I'm not sure how these things work for sellers (not being a "power seller" -
or even an occasional seller any more...) but I suspect that if they're
audited, the purchase prices are the figures counted for tax purposes, and the
shipping becomes an "expense" (ie., hidden profit).

  I loved the "good old days" of eBay.  But these days it seems to be infested
with unpleasant people, and the bargains just don't show up enough to spend
any time looking for them.

  Clay

  --
  Clay Blackwell