I was asked to take my silk threads to my guild meeting on Wednesday for color
comparison to match a wedding dress.  Instead of just taking 3 or 4 spools  I
decided to take my whole silk collection.  I have it stored in one of those
matchbox garage storage boxes from Walmart.  It is so handy as it can open on
both sides, has a carrying handle and has 24 slots each side.

On the way home today I popped into our new Super Walmart and looked in the toy
department.  I couldn't find them and then I spotted a whole pile of them on
the very top of the shelves.  I had almost given up looking, having gone down
the toy car aisle twice.  have all my Gutterman silk on one side and the other
brands on the other side.  It takes the small DMC spools but not the supersize
ones.  My DMC tatting thread is too fat except for the size 90. I have put
almost all my cotton spools on one side and my linen ones on the other.  I
should have bought two.  I now have lots of empty smaller boxes but they are
coming in handy for storing the flowers that are arriving for convention.  The
storage boxes cost $4.99 so I think that is a good deal.

Janice

Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA
http://jblace.wordpress.com/
http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org/