1) Winding bobbins
2) Final sewing together
3) Tallies (leaves, squares, triangles, any other type)

Hi Helen:

What's the most technically difficult for me is sewings in fine thread - like Honiton.

But what I dislike the most is one of the easiest things in all bobbin lace - Torchon fans. It's just that they're so tedious! I did a 5m piece had a very small fan in each repeat, and the only way I survived was to make it into a game - I'd get all the bobbins ready to start the fan, take a big gulp of tea and think "All right, - GO!" and make it as fast as I could. By the end of fivedamnmetres I could make the fan in 42 seconds.

Adele
North Vancouver, BC
(west coast of Canada)