Hello Everyone.
           Surely using a sewing machine or hand sewing should be up to the
lacemaker.
I agree with what Carol said about Arthritis in the hands. I have the same
problem.
A while back in Lace magazine. The Chairman I think it was posed this
question.
She finally decided that sewing machines were not around when our sister
lacemakers made lace for a living. If they had been I feel they would have
used them.
We may make an old craft, but we do live in the modern world.
So why can`t we use things that would help us???
Does anyone agree???Daphne Wet Wet Wet Norfolk England