Gentle Spiders,

First, a big "thank you" to everyone who responded -- on list and privately. Obviously, I should have avoided using the term "whole stitch" and stuck simply to the description of the ground: CTCT, p, CTCT. I'm very much aware of the reigning confusion regarding that stitch (CTCT) and its names (whole, double, whole-and-twist) :)

But I thought that, perhaps, the ground did have a name that everyone agreed on; afterall, the CT (or TC) is called "half stitch" everywhere...