Hello all,

Yesterday, I was amazed when visiting an exhibition on Etruscan people, now displayed in Barcelona; I could appreciate the exquisite jewelry they worked. I tried to take two pictures for sharing with you, whereas the result was not good, so I have drawn the simple geometrical design of the piece. It is a free hand draw, so excuse me if it is not very good, I hope it will be enough understandable though.

The piece that impressed me in a so special manner was a wire, open work bracelet with a geometrical design, which it would be liable to be lace made. The filigree * of the bracelet was that of twisted threads soldered between two strips, forming an open work similar to a hemstitch.

Maybe any of our colleagues spiders would like to give it a try!

I have put the bracelet draw on:

http://www.geocities.com/carolgallego/etrusco.html

Bye for now.

Carolina

*Filigree according with what Prof. Sheat says, derived from the Spanish: Filore = to spin; and Grano = Grain of the worked material.

--
Carolina de la Guardia
http://www.geocities.com/carolgallego

Witch Stitch Lace