>>>Ruth - can you tell me where you bought the ethafoam from and if they sell
overseas by mail order. I have been unsuccessfully trying to purchase
ethafoam in Malta but few, if any, know about it yet and it doesn't seem to<<<

There's a mail-order lace supplier in the US called Snowgoose.  They have a
website, but I don't know the URL--I'm sure you can google it.  They sell the
"Everything Pillow", which is a kit.  It comes with an Ethafoam circle (the
outer rim nicely rounded) with a rectangle cut out of the center, cardboard to
glue to the bottom of the circle, foam-core pieces to line the center hole (so
it's very smooth), and Ethafoam blocks--I think it's 3 squares plus 4 narrow
rectangles, and a cylinder.  The hole in the center takes two squares, or one
square and two rectangles, or 4 rectangles, or the cylinder plus whichever
square/rectangle combination will fill the hole.  The cylinder makes it useable
as a roller pillow and the squares/rectangles for a block pillow.  You have to
cover it yourself, and glue the foamcore and cardboard in place, but it's
really cheap by US pillow standards--around USD-30 (may have gone up since I
got mine).  I'm very happy with mine, and I know a lot of othe
 r happy customers, too.

I covered my blocks by a combination of methods.  I wrapped the fabric around
and sewed the long part shut.  I put that seam at a corner/edge, not in the
middle of any face of the block.  Then I folded the flaps on the ends and
pinned those.  I glued the fabric around the outside of the cylinder, but used
ribbon and pins around the base (over the fabric) and around the box.

Robin P.
Los Angeles, California, USA