Well I did it!!  The sun was shining, all your mails behind me, so I
prepared a pricking, and step by step I started making lace!  Just a simple
fir tree fan," I had full step by step instructions in Stotts "Bobbin Lace
Manual"  The book I originally started making lace with.  I really needed
the "hanging on" "starting and "footside" directions, but my fingers
remembered the stitches.  After the first repeat I  just had a quick glance
at the book for the second repeat, then I was away. I have prepared a second
pricking of a handkerchief edging which also features the "fir tree fan" but
larger along with a half stitch trail.  There are less instructions with
that.

The "Running River" pattern has been temporarily put aside when I realised
there were no corners in it.  Didn't feel equal to designing a corner or
working out how much extra to work to go around them :)  Don't even remember
where that information is!

Angela Simpson.

Newton-Le-Willows, Merseyside, England.