Dear Arachnes,

Funny, but I don't remember seeing this book featured in any lace  bulletins.

"Crocheted Wire Jewelry"
By Arline M. Fisch
Lark Books
Distrib. in Canada by Sterling
Distrib. in UK by GMC Distrib. Svcs.
Distrib. in Australia by Capricorn Link
ISBN 13: 978-1-57990-660-3
Cover price $25 US, 2005, hard cover

If you go to any major book store in the US today, you will find much shelf
space devoted to beads and other glittery techniques.  In fact, I found
additional books that were much too crafty for my taste.

Everything presented in this book is sophisticated.  The cover photo  is of a
very striking hairpin-crochet neckpiece, by the author.  You may  crochet
with wires of brass, silver, gold, stainless steel, soft iron (stove  wire) and
nioblum.  The crochet designs are illustrated in full color and  the
step-by-step instructions for making are very detailed, with all  projects by
leading
artists (presumably, Fisch's students).  If  you enjoy working with wire, you
may enjoy and learn from this book  and perhaps find ways to use a crochet hook
to enhance your other metal  laces.

The author's previous book "Textile Techniques in Metal" (1996) was  very
favorably reviewed on Arachne.  She is a jeweler and professor of art  whose
work
is in collections in the USA (Smithsonian), England (V&A), Japan,  Australia.

Would be interested to know if anyone has crocheted lace from this  book.

Reviewer:  Jeri Ames in Maine, USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource  Center

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.