I did bother to trawl the archives, and found four of us had posted on "Antique Vintage Unusual Ivory Pineapple Bobbin Lace" on ebay.

The first was from Clay saying that she'd politely pointed out to the seller that the item wasn't hand made and got an abusive response. Barbara Joyce wrote to the seller as well, but didn't say if she got a response. Tamara posted to 'Lace' saying the item wasn't active any more. I posted to 'Lace' to say that the description would be covered by the "Sale of Goods Act" in the UK and that an inaccurate description means the seller wouldn't be targeting the right buyers. Barbara posted to 'Lace' again saying I was being too charitable.

And Clay trying to be helpful to a seller sparked abusive emails to at least Tamara and me. What an unhappy person the writer must be. I hope whatever ails her passes soon.

Jean in Poole, Dorset, UK