Tamara wrote:

Alack and alas! This one would not play for me; requires Windows Media
Player, which my Mac refuses to acknowledge.

What Mac users need to view Windows Video on OS X is the Flip4Mac plugin for Quicktime.

You can download it from http://www.flip4mac.com/ .

The basic plugin is free and is all you need to view the video on Tiger or Leopard - Power PC or Intel, although if you want to edit wmv using QT Pro (you don't do you?) there is a Pro version they try to sell you for $19.

David and Jean (who is just back from a very enjoyable OIDFA Congress)

PS
Techie explanation of inconsistent reports.
Those Mac users that can see the video are probably using Microsoft's Windows Media Player for OS X which used to come with Power PC Macs. However, MS discontinued this and never made a version for Intel Macs, so owners of more recent Macs will definitely need Flip4Mac (or something similar) to view wmv.