Hello Wendy and everyone

If in doubt, replace your 'old' thread with that newly unwound from the main
spool. If thread has been wrapped around a bobbin for awhile it will
'remember' which you will see as curls when you take the thread off. Now,
having said that: if wound correctly*, I haven't found that this curling
interferes with the finished lace particularly, so if you want to be frugal
with the thread, go ahead and mix.

*Free advice about winding lace bobbins from the main spool of thread: make
sure you aren't changing the twist in the thread - have the  spool of thread
[] and the lace bobbin ||   parallel to each other as you wind.  []-------||

--
Bev (near Sooke, BC on beautiful Vancouver Island, west coast of Canada)