Heavens... that takes me back! I used to have to do that for my Gran... grandad eventually made a gizmo for her (not sure what a swift is, but it's probably similar) 4 arms with 'hands' on the end on a revolving spindle. I used to love winding wool with that! See how fast you could make it spin! My cousins & I had challenges running to see who could wind the fastest... I won (I was the biggest but dont tell them that!) Can't remember what the times were now...

Anyway, chat soon

Sue in EY