----- Original Message ----
From: Janice Blair <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I may have asked this before, but I have noticed that people
wind their thread onto the bobbins differently.  Some put the
thread all along the neck, especially if the bobbin has a grooved
head, others wind it at the bottom of the neck but some wind the
thread all near the top of the bobbin.  I always wind my thread
the whole length of the neck but if I am only winding on a little,
I do it near the top of the neck.

Are there any rules on how it should be put on the bobbin?
I know there are no lace police but I wondered if anyone has
been told how to correctly do it.
Janice

Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA
www.jblace.com
http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org/