At 04:44 PM 8/29/2008, Janice Blair wrote:
Mark,
I think your fan has Roseground not Honeycombe.  Honeycombe has six pinholes,
one at top, two on the sides and one at the bottom.  It is usually surrounded
by a gimp which makes it look like round holes.  It is also one of my
favorites.  Roseground is definitely not a favorite of mine.  I seem to get
lost and there are so many variations I tend to forget which one I am doing
and make a mess of it.  Roseground is a Torchon stitch and Honeycomb is a
point ground stitch.

Mark wrote: <I think it has the honeycomb stitch if I am not mistaken:

http://www.tat-man.net/bobbinlace/BLtorchonfan.html
I do believe that Mark has Honeycomb stitch in the 4 petal flowers closer to the upper edge. In Torchon, Honeycomb stitch comes out elongated and looks more like ovals than circles from the 45 degree ground vs. round in the 60 degree (or so) ground in point ground.

Roseground is easier in Torchon since every corner gets a pin. (At least, I think so).

Patty