Well I hope that yur lace comes together well, without any disappointments.
I have been off arachne for about a month to allow me time for our two trips away and the preparation time needed just before and between. I have managed to make up Janice Blairs little rocking horse in preparation for my step great grand daughters arrival due in about a week, so now I just need to get the card made up to take it. Thanks Janice. I did take a bookmark to make up while away on our last trip but not totally happy with it, will take another look in better light before I decide if it can go to its new owner or if I need to make it up again. The light wasn't great and I was a bit distracted I suppose, still it did keep my hands occupied for part of two days, I dont like to be too idle. Wee did get to use our special napkins made for our 40th wedding anniversary last year, made after some fellow spiders gave me some lovely suggestions some months ago. I have been trying to design a suitable piece for my other sister, it looks good on paper, the first mini trial wasn't quite right, so I am going to try again, it might work better from the bottom up rather than from the top down, if not it will need some redesigning. I couldn't find a suitable pattern which included music so have been trying to make my own. I am hoping the cat who missed me terribly last week will settle soon and let me have my table and stuff to get going on my lace again, it hasn't been possible the last 3 evenings. I think I need to read the archieves for the last month in case there is anything I missed. Sue T Dorset T

Clay Blackwell wrote:
Happy Friday, happy Spiders!!
The list has been quiet... is everyone busy making lace? I'm working through the grueling finish on the piece I started in Rockford. I can't even see what I've done because there are so many pins - and where I've pulled some pins, there are so many threads from bobbins thrown out that I really can't see what's there... so, either a huge delight or a tragic disappointment await me, sometime next week. Keep your fingers crossed!!! Many thanks! You may want to reply to me privately, as I doubt that the results are of any interest to others...
Clay