Dear All
You've done it again - re-inspired me!
I've only made one hankie -
for the groom's Mum when a cousin got married recently. I did a simple Buck's
Point edging - straight with gathers to go round the corner. The hankie fabric
was 8 ins square - I actually had a pre-hemmed white cotton handkerchief that
I got from Tim Parker. I can't find any others and from earlier discussions on
this list I gather that I'm not alone.

Now my niece has recently got engaged
and my masterplan was to make a garter for her, a hankie for each of the Mum's
and bookmarks for the bride & groom. I got 10ins of another Buck's edging
completed and decided to have a rest! I've since taken the lace off the pillow
and had decided to give up on the hankies and concentrate on the garter. Your
comments have made me think of changing my mind - but I wasn't too careful
removing the lace from the pillow (the pricking and lace is in the middle of
the pins (ie half way up the pins after pulling out) so I don't know how easy
it'll be to put it back on the pillow. And there's still the vexed question of
where to get hankie fabric from - any ideas? Has anyone found a source of
quality plain white ladies hankies of a sensible side?

Viv
Worcestershire UK