From: Sister Claire
Date: 30/09/2008 15:03:09
To: lace@arachne.com
Subject: [lace] Teaching children

Two young Palestinian girls (about 12 years old) were visiting me the other
day and were enchanted with my lacemaking. They want to learn, I'll be happy
to teach them. The problem is that neither their families nor I have the
money to buy them starter kits.

I was thinking. Would it work if for the first time or two that they come to
me, I set up each one of them at opposite sides of a large cookie pillow on
a small table between them?

That would give me time to scout around for some kind of makeshift pillows I
could rig for them.

What do you think? (I only have two pillow myself - the cookie pillow, which
I'm not using at the moment, and my tombolo for Cantù, which is in use.)
Sr. Claire

imstp_animation_butterflies_en_020908.gif]