Hi everyone,
I have answered Bev privately since I'm on the digest and that one only arrived today.
And to make a long story short,
yes my "dibble" is exactly like the one shown on the website Bev mailed us.

Have a look. It makes a bobbin when you screw a big screw in, perhaps not the best bobbin but when you have nothing else to play around with it probably will do.
I haven't tried it out myself although it is on my list of "to try.."

Miriam
in Arad, where autumn shows it first signs of arriving

.

<Is your dibble like the wall anchor shown here:

http://homerepair.about.com/od/interiorhomerepair/ss/wall_fastening_8.htm

Another good idea!>