I have watched this thread with interest!  Personally, I would not attempt a
large pattern without my engineering felt!  I have several pieces of
difference sizes which makes it easy to build up to a size I might want.
Engineering felt is very suitable for putting pins in and is about 1 to 1.5
cm. thick; using pieces of difference sizes makes it easy to move a pattern
around so that it is at the most convenient place for working.  I also have
a very big piece which I am using at present and this is also quite good but
I think on balance I prefer my patchwork of pieces!  They are easy to move
while working because the pattern runs over their edges and keeps them
together and also the pins are well pushed into them.

I think it makes more sense to use a method that allows for moving your work
around, (either as I suggest or by using blocks) rather than standing up to
work or propping up the pillow and still having to stretch a long way.  The
main thing is to use a method that allows YOU to be comfortable as you work
and to enjoy it!

Just my 2 cents worth!

Sue Fink,
Masterton,
New Zealand

  _____

I am using the Free version of SPAMfighter for Personal use.
Try SPAMfighter <http://www.spamfighter.com/len>  for free now!

The Trial and Professional version does not have this message in the email