It might be of interest to some on the list - I've just received a Christmas card from Ann. In her message she tells me that fan number 178 is now underway. Her lace fan book is being translated into Russian and also one of her fans is included in the Fan Museum calendar - the only modern one.

Seasons greetings from
Diana in Northants

----- Original Message ----- From: "Margot Walker" <marwalk...@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: "ARACHNE" <lace@arachne.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2008 10:35 PM
Subject: [lace] fan patterns

On 14 Dec 2008, at 15:27, Lynda Barnes wrote:

I was given some really beautiful fan sticks trouble is they are big! from start to end of the sticks they are 35cms the lace for the stick would be 21
- 22cms  as you can see a very big pattern is needed.

Ann Collier has some very large fan patterns.  Take a look at her books:
"New Design in Bobbin Lace"
"Colour in Lace"
"Lace Fans"

Margot Walker in Halifax on the east coast of Canada
Visit the Seaspray Guild of Lacemakers web site:
http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/quinbot