I had already sent for the Corset book when I read Jeri's note about it.

I bought it for two reasons, the first is I have a couple of historic corsets
in my Collection, one trimmed with machine lace around the top and the other
reason is because I have twice stayed with Jill Salen when I went to give
lectures to the Welsh Costume Society at the St. Fagan's Museum of Welsh Life
near Cardiff in south Wales, British Isles. Jill is a very talented lady, with
a background in stage costume.  As she so rightly says, if you get the corsets
right, the top garments look correct.

The Museum is fascinating with not only a collection of Welsh Costume, Welsh
Smocks,  patchwork, emboridery and lace, but also an outdoor Museum of
Historic buildings, dismantled and brought from areas of Wales and
re-constructed.

Season's Greeting and Wishing you all the very best for Christmas and the New
Year.  We must live in hope and be true to our principles and ambitions in
these uncertain times.  At least we have our lace-crafts to inspire us.

Angela Thompson