I have never seen any Rosalibre lace but this sounds lovely, but it reminded me of a question I wanted to ask all you lacemakers. I would like to make something in lace to attach to my clothing, Not something permanent that will go through the wash regularly, but a lapel thing. I did do a couple of pieces of Alex Stillwells bucks lace from the book my daughter bought for a birthday, the effect is good and I also have plans to make a Lace flower buttonhole, but I would also like something decretive but not specific like flowers which are more for a wedding so I can attach to coat, jacket or top.

Question is,
What have some of you made that you wear often on clothing or what have you got plans to make for that purpose?
Sue T

The butterfly pattern is in the book "Introducing Rosalibre Bobbin Lace" by Cathleen Belleville.

I took the class at IOLI a few years ago and completed a cluster of flowers and leaves in class, but only half the butterfly. When I got home, I couldn't find the flower cluster in my luggage. The case I thought it was in had been gone through by the airport officials, and I thought the cluster was lost.

This year I used a suitcase that hadn't been used for a while, and I found the flower cluster in a pocket of the suitcase. The lost was finally found. Now I need to finish my butterfly to add it to the cluster, and attach it all to a pin frame so I can wear it.

Alice in Oregon - -> PS -- we rarely have a white Christmas so this is very unusual.