I have just bought a pattern called Incy Wincy Spider.  I bought it because it
was advertised as being ideal for a first big project and thought it was a
good idea.  On getting the pattern I am only shown where to put the first two
pairs of bobbins (there are 34 pairs altogether) and I am to add the pairs
using support pins.  What are support pins?  Will it be obvious where to add
in the pairs?

If I manage this it will be my first piece not following instructions from a
book so I was looking forward to giving it a go but now am not so sure.

Nancy