During the cold weather I've been making some lace.   I pulled out a Binche
project started long ago and have been working on it.  A couple bobbins on it
say Happy Birthday 1999...so I must have started it that year.  I know it was
before I retired, so that is about right.

I did the first inch...looking good.  Then the next half inch was one of those
where the threads keep changing places, and it's all screwed up.  I refuse to
take a bunch of it out, so I will soldier on, and hope it straightens itself
out when I'm back to the simpler section.  This will definitely NOT be a
contest entry piece. <G> I've been told that anyone who manages to complete
this sampler piece of Anny Noben Slagers can do most Binche patterns.  Hope so,
because I have her Dolphin pattern waiting.  It only takes about 128 pairs of
bobbins so I may have to inventory my bobbins, and buy some more.

Has anyone used Honiton bobbins for Binche?  I have enough of them to do the
pattern. The weight would suit the fine thread used.

So far I've broken two threads.  Is this just from pulling too hard?  Or has 10
years of sitting on the bobbins weakened the threads?

Happy lacing,
Alice in Oregon.... still in dense fog.  Should go away in a couple days.