Hi Alice and all

"Has anyone used Honiton bobbins for Binche?  I have enough of them to do
the pattern. The weight would suit the fine thread used."

I don't know about binche, I've never done any, but I did once use honiton
bobbins for a piece of very fine torchon (doll's house tablecloth using Cotona
80 thread). I wished I'd used my honiton pillow for it, as lying on a flattish
pillow the bobbins didn't quite tension enough so I had to keep pulling them
(gently) to get the threads into place.

Juding from that experience, if your dolphin is small enough to work on a
honiton pillow or on a small "cookie" balanced on a couple of books or
something to allow the bobbins to hang off the edge that should be OK for any
fine thread lace. If not, it's probably worth ordering a batch of cheapish
bobbins - the ones some lace suppliers sell in bulk as beginners bobbins - to
make up the numbers. You'll enjoy the lacemaking experience more, and the
finished result will probably look better.

Good luck with your binche.

Beth

in a bright but cold and windy Cheshire, NW England where the weather
forecasters are threatening us with snow in a day or two.