I got this from my uncle in Perth, W Australia.... they are ok, apart
from a few bush fires, but he's talking about the fires in Sout Aus &
Victoria.....

latest news on bush fires 65 comfimed dead 750 homes lost whole towns
wiped out it is aincredable one fire started by fag but and expecting
more deaths when the police can get into the towns,

I hope that everyone on list is ok.

We too have missed the snow in East Yorkshire.... about 2 cms on
Monday and just freezing temperatures at night.  I used to say we miss
the flooding too, but after 2007 I can't say that any longer!!  At
least our village wasn't too badly affected, and Agnes is ok.... she's
on a bit of a hill! (Their road gets slippery when it freezes
though....) ours is a cart track to the house, and the road at the end
is gritted!

People in Oz, please let us know you're safe and still able to get at
your lace pillows!

Sue in EY