Sadly there are now 84 confirmed deaths and 750 homes lost.  I know of at
least one town and hear that more are wiped from the map.  The death toll is
expected to exceed 100 by tomorrow.  It is the worst bushfire in our
recorded history. http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=744864 I was in
the Canberra fires of 2003 and came through ok.

There are also bush fires In New South Wales and Victoria.  We are all
praying for a cool change and rain, lots of rain in the fire effected areas.

We have also had a heatwave through mostly Adelaide and Melbourne but
Canberra and most of south east Australia have coped it too.  At last report
Adelaide had 60 deaths attributed to the heat wave.  Add to all of this that
Australian is in the grip of one of the worst droughts to date, and we are
the dryest inhabited continent on the planet to start with.  WOW, feeling
kinda screwed at the moment.

In the north of the country, northern Queensland they are experiencing
terential rains and flooding, the worst in their recorded history was one
report.

If you want to offer financial assistance the Red Cross Australia are set up
to take donations.  I world financial crisis just become a lot harder for
some.

Hug your families tonight.  Think of those who will never be able to do that
again.  And if you are so inclined, pray to which ever deity you hold dear
for those who have passed and those who are left to morn.

If you want to know more go to http://news.ninemsn.com.au/headlines/

Regards

Deb