I did one small 9 pin edge with my Grandmother when I was about 19,in England,
then did not make any lace till  I was about 40/41and living here in Oz..

I managed to find a course of 8 lessons somewhere nearby, and joined the group
of 5 or 6 with the teacher.

However, she went around the table starting people off each lesson.
As it all came back to me, I managed to begin to start myself off, after
watching her start a couple of the others.

I can now start myeslf off Well,!!! - but I know some of the others had
difficulties for many years , as they had relied on her, and never really
grasped the idea of where and how to begin a piece of lace.

Yes, I know teachers who keep their students gong on and on for ages - years
sometimes, and I am sure it is just for the moneuy from classes.  The students
don't seem to have any initiative to go it alone, choose their own designs,
try a different lace, etc.  Not good, in my opinion.

I had a lady once say she would love to try Beds, but her teacher said she was
not ready yet. When I asked how long she had been learning  she told me "only
4 years" !!!!!!!!    She was getting bored with the small torchon edges she
was Still having to do!!!!!!!!!
Grrrrrrrrrrr!!  This is Wrong, in my opinion. (don't start me off on this
Regards from Liz in Melbourne, Oz.
lizl...@bigpond.com