> Q1, If all sizes and all colours were available which fibre (silk, cotton,
> linen or rayon) would you be most likely to choose for
>

> a, hankie edging: cotton
> b, table mat/doiley: cotton
> c, collar: cotton
> d, wall hanging: cotton, linen
> e, cushion cover: cotton
> f, baby dress trimming: cotton
> g, pictorial piece to be framed: cotton, linen
> h, scarf: linen. wool. silk

As you see, I have mostly chosen cotton. That's because this is what I
always use, as here in Spain linen is difficult to buy. I am used to cotton,
find it OK, and also very washable. I like making my bobbin lace to use it,
and think that cotton has a good "life".

> Q2,  If a new range of coloured linen became available would you like it to
> be:

> b, about 30 wraps/cm - similar thickness to DMC Special Dentelles 80
> (tatting cotton)

As before... I don't work much point ground (too fine for me!), so always
use thicker threads.

Greetings from Antje in Spain.