Hello all:)

My name is Summer,  a crafter from Grand Rapids, MI.  My first and
favorite art has been beadwork.  Recently I've felt like I've hit a
plateau, technique wise, and have decided to branch out into other
arts.  I've always had a love for fiber, and my favorite beadwork is
netting (which is a form of beaded lace), so I decided to focus on
fiber lace making.  Helpfully, I have recently inherited some
lace-making materials from my grandmother, who doesn't know the first
thing about how to use them:)  They include the double-pointed needles
and mesh shuttle for netting,  bone and metal shuttles for tatting,
and a bobbin lace kit.

I've begun to do some tatting, and have really taken a liking to it
(though I prefer the needle to the shuttle).  I've contacted a couple
local lacemaker's guilds here in West Michigan and in Lansing, and
have fortunately found someone willing to take a stab at teaching me
bobbin lace. I'm really excited about these new arts!

The more I began to search for online resources, the more this list
seemed to stand out as "the place to be".  So here I am!  I look
forward to learning with and from you all:)

Summer