I like to think that the labelling on the glue package is telling me the
truth  e.g. that UHU is, as it says, non-toxic, washable and acid-free. That
suits my purposes for using it to manage thread ends if required. Regarding
discolouring, I will find out, if my laces last that long :p
As with tying knots, and doing sewings, I apply the glue on the 'wrong' side
of the lace and try to keep it off the visible layer of the lace itself.

I googled 'UHU glue' and found that it is named for an owl that inhabited
the Black Forest in Germany :)

--
Bev in Shirley BC, near Sooke on beautiful Vancouver Island, west coast of
Canada