I have used the uhu reasonably effectively for a few things, glad it wont eat
them:-)  I also sometimes use the pva stuff, squirt some out onto a piece of
paper and use something small to dab it onto the necessary place.
I suppose if I stick with those two I shouldn't cause myself too many
problems.
Thanks for the input.  I love to learn things and just hope I can remember
them when I really need them, :-)  I do have both of those in the house, so
thats fine.
Sue T

  I like to think that the labelling on the glue package is telling me the
truth  e.g. that UHU is, as it says, non-toxic, washable and acid-free. That
suits my purposes for using it to manage thread ends if required. Regarding
discolouring, I will find out, if my laces last that long :p
  As with tying knots, and doing sewings, I apply the glue on the 'wrong' side
of the lace and try to keep it off the visible layer of the lace itself.

  I googled 'UHU glue' and found that it is named for an owl that inhabited
the Black Forest in Germany :)