Thanks, Janice for the earlier post...I got a couple of rolls last week when I spotted a Dollar Tree store near my Dad when I went to take him to an appointment. And you are right...I remember Ulrike suggesting the pinless pricking hint you mentioned. One other point she suggested, which back then I wasn't always doing, is to round all the edges of the pricking (or at least the matte film). Squared or pointed edges snag threads whereas rounded edges do not.

Vicki in still soggy Maryland

-----Original Message-----
From: Janice Blair <jbl...@sbcglobal.net>

I posted recently about getting some clear shelf paper from the local dollar
tree store.  I also meant to post a hint that I think came from Ulrike
Voelker.  When you cut the film to cover your pricking, cut it about half an inch wider all round.  After you have stuck your pricking onto it, you can
place it on your pillow and it will hold in place, no pins required.