An English friend just got back from a vacation in Thailand and she sent me
two spools of silk from the Hua Hin Silk Village.  It seems to be very fine,
glossy, spun silk but has no size or markings on the cone shaped spools which
are about 3 inches tall.  Has anyone come across this silk before and have any
idea of the size?

My friend writes "I picked up a packet of 12 spools thinking that made a
lovely gift.  The shop assistant said, Excuse me Madam but you are aware that
the price stated is for one spool!!?  I treasure your friendship but my pocket
doesn't meet my desires.  Hope you can use them.  It was interesting viewing
their little museum - live silkworm to finished product"

Now I am looking for a pattern that I can make and send to her as a thank
you.  Isn't it nice that some friends appreciate our art.
Janice

Janice Blair

Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA

www.jblace.com

http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org