"many from an Australian bobbin maker who retired "

Leon Young?
He was the first of the Husbands who made bobbins for sale from the late 1970s
or early 1980s onwards into the '90s. -- Nice bobbins, too!!!!!!!  :))  I wish
I had more of his bobbins!

Clay seems to have given you some very good advice re - pricing your bobbins.
Remember - if they have to be sold - they will be second-hand, - so
theoretically not worth as much!!!!!!!!! :))
(Well, don't tell him otherwise!!! - what he does not know won't hurt

Good luck.
Regards from Liz in Melbourne, Oz.
lizl...@bigpond.com