If it was me, I would never leave it in a bag because of mildew, nor use oil
based products on it, as it is difficult to remove, and can leach to fibers
and make for a reach mess.
FWIW, I would just steam it.  Perhaps you have a pot with a pasta insert,
invert the insert and place some water in the bottom and steam (as one would
do a bain marie or double boiler for making sauces or melting chocolate.  One
also does it to steam one's face, but in that case, removed from the burner
and head tented with a terry towel, in which case may also help with it.)
If you have a room vaporizer, warm or cold, as in steaming a sick child would
also work.  You can place it near, and if you have something like a mesh
strainer, cooling rack, or even vented sides of a laundry basket to have it
near the mist.
To close something off asks for mold/mildew and uneven moisture exposure, and
oil can only be removed by washing or drawing out with clay or solvent, which
creates a whole 'nother beast.  My concern is that the woman could get back a
pricking that is "affected" and shorten it's life.
If you must "bag" it, then place it in the fridge like they did in the old
days before steam irons.  You would sprinkle/mist the item with water, place
in a plastic bag and into the refrigerator, to stave off souring, etc.
HTH,Susan Reishus