Dear Lacemakers (on a quiet day),

Some time ago, I recommended the web site of "PieceWork" as a place to find
 free project instructions and articles of interest.  This may be  helpful
to our Newbies.

_www.pieceworkmagazine.com_ (http://www.pieceworkmagazine.com)

There is a wide variety of needlework instructions.  Enough to inspire  you
to design a new project or make something, if materials are available.

At present, there is "The Story in a Dress", by Suzanne Smith Arney.   This
article would be particularly of interest to re-enactors, because many
resources are given.  After you've read it, you might think how that
experience might be translated - to lace.  Imagine the story  behind a piece of
lace
you own.  Use as inspiration for short  story for your local lace guild's
newsletter.  (Editors are begging  for articles.).

A set of 4 articles by Gwen Blakley Kinsler about her "Textile  Studies"
leads you through her travels in Mexico, Honduras, Guatemala, Panama,
Paraguay, Uruguay.  It may help you to plan a trip and learn about  what
textiles
are there to see.  Perhaps your trip would be to  another country, but her
experiences may influence yours.

Both articles give lots of web site addresses.  Both made me think of  lace
guilds located near the authors -- and whether program chairmen have
thought of inviting them to speak at a special lace event.  (I know neither
author, so you'd need to verify speaking ability.)  Kinsler is founder  of the
Crochet Guild of America.

In Maine, many people retreat to "camp" in Summer.  The old Summer  camps
of my childhood were pretty primitive.  For entertainment, there  were
playing cards (but maybe noone to play with you) and books about  the old
West/mysteries/wars.  Nothing of interest, ever, to a young  girl.

Now, if you or I are stuck during bad weather in such a place  -   if a
computer is available, you can have some creative fun or do some lace
research.  The possibilities are wonderful!

Jeri Ames in  Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource  Center
**************Stay connected and tighten your budget with a great mobile
device for under $50. Take a Peek!