Hi Ilske!

I have the book you mention! It is such a beautiful book, and I thought I would be able to muddle through, but it has been so long since I used my French that I have really had to struggle with it... and so it's not as much fun to read as I would like!!
Clay

Ilske Thomsen wrote:
Hello Vicki,
it's not Jean it is Ilske answering,
Those boxes comes from the region of Queyras and around there. You find those carvings on several things as well as on the sides of the round pillows. The bobins are carved in that matter as well. In the book from Claire le Goazion "Dentelles du Queyras et ses vallées voisine" all those things are described.
Hope this helps.

Ilske