I have an old copy bought in a second hand bookshop in Dublin. The spine is fragile and the edges of the pages are discolored.

The title page includes
English edition
All rights reserved
There is no number on the title page or its verso which reads

To be had
of Th de Dillmont, Dornach, Alsace
and at all booksellers, and embroidery shops

Price, English found with gilt edges
English edition  Sh  3 -
French editiion  Fr. 3.75
German editiion  Mk  3-

The cover is green with a spray of leaves across the top and spine
it measures 15.5 x 23.7 cm

It has designs not in any later edition and I suspect it is one of the earlier versions.

I was able to check another apparently identical copy in a library and it has no numbers either.

The table of contents is right at the end of the book just before the last page with text which is 574. Just before this is a 4 page list of DMC products which includes Cordonnet 6 fils up to 200 guage.

I saw a copy which was very similar if not identical in the Lace Centre at Kenmare in Ireland. It included an inscription by the nuns with a date, probably in the late 1880s.

I would be good to have some dating.

Barbara Ballantyne
www.crochethistory.com
in Sydney Australia