I really enjoyed reading about this and seeing the lace. I dont say it often but I did say WOW when the first image came up.
Beautiful.  What an incredible legacy.
Sue T Dorset UK where its been hot and heavy but they are now threatening us with rain.

I have just recently had the good fortune to meet a lovely Romanian
woman who lives in Portland, Maine, and in the course of our
conversation I found that she had a small collection of Romanian point

What I like about this collection is that it is the work of ordinary
housewives, at home, using traditional patterns exchanged and varied
as desired between neighbors and friends.  We all know Angela
Thompson's extensive exploration into the subject, and I was able to
show my copy of Romanian Point Lace to Marina, who was quite amazed to
think that something that she considers so ordinary to be of such
interest to lacemakers around the world.

See <http://www.cs.arizona.edu/patterns/weaving/webdocs/sm_2009.pdf>

Tess (tess1...@aol.com) in Falmouth, Maine, USA, where it has been