I recently completed two matching UFO candleholder circles of lace for a gift
to our daughter.  I have left about six inch lengths of thread after the
sewings and tying off, but as I want to push them up inside the cavity without
backing cloth and just the acetate/or whatever it is, that goes with it.
Suggestions please of the best way to make a tidy, secure job of the cut ends
and knots which are already tied.

The other unfinished project which I continue to battle, mostly in my head and
not with my hands.
The last napkin set which I completed the last lace strip in about June,
tacked a sample piece to the cloth to try it out and was completely unhappy
with the look.   The previous 2 sets in white and our set in Ruby I was really
pleased and happy with the end result (good job I dont have any more sisters).
Instead of using the good quality white cotton I cut up in readiness makes
them look so drab.  What I do have though is a very nice white damask cotton
tablecloth square and was thinking that if I cut this into 4 it would look
rich and lovely.
I think I should wash and press it first to check for shrinkage, how best to
get a straight edged square x 4 though and any other pitfalls any one has come
across.  I wanted them ready a month ago and so now I want to do as soon as is
comfortably possible without it driving me mad.
Any suggestions please!!!  I really would be most grateful.

Sue T Dorset, UK  Where the sun has been out for days but autumn is closing
in.
Bobbin Lace and Glass engravings
http://www.hurwitzend.co.uk