Hummm, Schizophrenia? :) Betty Ann in Roanoke, Virginia USA

Oct 25, 2009 06:19:49 AM, yhgr....@xs4all.nl wrote:

  Dear Spiders

  My question might look a bit weird but perhaps together you are
  inventive. I
  have this rather technical diagram with a tree in the centre:
  http://bobbinwork.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/doc/class-diagrams2. gif

  Please stay with me, I don't expect you to understand the full
  technical
  implications of this diagram, but you will recognise familiar terms
  at the
  bottom of the tree: pin, stitch, cross, twist and diagram. You can
  ignore
  the loose blocks at both sides, my question is about the tree in the
  middle,
  even just about the bold face words in the top of the boxes. These
  words
  lack spaces, they have capitals where a new word starts, that is a
  programming convention.

  May be you can help me for better terminology for the rest of the
  tree.
  Though I'm working for years with this diagram I'm still mixing up
  some of
  the terms I chose, so I hope there are better alternatives, the
  shorter the
  words the better. Some hints to help understand the purpose of the
  tree: You
  can divide and subdivide a diagram in various types of
  sections/partitions
  with different an similar properties. As opposed to a section with
  just a
  pin, we have sections that do represent threads, so that is why I
  picked
  MutlipleThreadsPartions. A cross and twist are about a single pair,
  so these
  form a group oppesed to partitions that are about multiplre pairs
  such as
  stitches. A group is typically something like a spider, snowflake or
  cloth-stitch motif in flanders or binche. Don't we have a better word
  than
  just a group? And do we have a word that can mean both stitch and
  group? In
  a colorcoded diagram a stitch is represented as one cross in one
  color (if
  we forget the twistmarks). What I called a ChainedPairsPartition
  consitst of
  multiple crosses that might or might not have differet colors. Where
  ChainedPairsPartition contains more than one cross, a
  MultiplePairsPartition
  can be one or more. Writing this: I have one (a stitch), more
  (chained), one
  or more (multiple); not very logical.

  Clear as mud? Please reply to the group as the fantasy or questions
  of one
  can trigger the fantasy or knowledge of another.

  Jo

  -
  To unsubscribe send email to majord...@arachne.com containing the
  line: