If you are interested in history, read on!

Those of us who are members of lace and/or embroidery guilds have been
following the progress of bringing this reproduction 17th C. jacket  (inspired
by the Layton waistcoat and portrait of same at the Victorian &  Albert
Museum) to the attention of the public.  We have seen the  pictures in our
publications and on the blog that was set up during the making  of the
waistcoat.

For those who do not receive guild magazines, I just found a 4-page article
 in the April issue of "Early American Life" magazine at my local chain
bookstore.   Two photos show the jacket on a model; one of which  is
photographed by candlelight.  As you may know, you can find a chair  and read
magazines from the racks in large bookstores in America and in public
libraries.
The article is on page 68.

One of my memberships is the Costume Society of America (a scholarly
group), which has also been following the progress of this
complicated-to-complete project.  We spent a day in Plimoth (Colonial
spelling) Plantation,
Plymouth Massachusetts, last Fall, before the assembly of  all the pieces, to
learn from the costumer's point of view.  Devon was a  featured speaker at
this event.

The jacket is now on view at Winterthur Museum's Textile and Museum
Gallery, (in the State of Delaware) and will be featured in a textile seminar
there later this year.  I have attended two of these seminars in the past,  and
recommend them to those interested in the history of what we do with
threads  and what was done with threads in the past.

Jeri Ames in  Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource  Center