From: deanna7 Cohen [mailto:dean...@msn.com]
Sent: 30 March 2010 23:25
To: kaza...@melita.com
Cc: Arachne
Subject: RE: [lace] mail warning / putting aaa...in your address book

I, too, did this a long while ago but snopes says it is a false assumption.
The link with the explanation is below.

 http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/quickfix.asp

deanna in Texas
<http://gfx2.hotmail.com/mail/w4/pr01/ltr/emoticons/rainbow.gif>
"And in the end it's not the years in your life
that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln
My Blog:   http:// <http://eclectic-meanderings.blogspot.com/>
eclectic-meanderings.blogspot.com
<http://www.eclectic-meanderings.blogspot.com/> /

> From: kaza...@melita.com
> To: tess1...@aol.com; lace@arachne.com
> Subject: RE: [lace] mail warning
> Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 19:22:37 +0200
>
> Tess - one piece of advice I give everybody is that the first address in
> your address book should always be a ficticious one such as
> "aaaaa....@aaaaaa.aaa". You can also include numbers, but it must always
> remain at the top of the list. Since viruses that are spread by email are
> usually passed "through" the address book, the first one will not be able
> go out, supposedly nipping the process in the bud. Even better is that
since
> the message will not be able to be sent, you will receive an automated
> message to that effect. Since you would not use that address at all, the
> message will immediately alert you to the possible presence of a virus
> enabling you to take immediate steps to rectify.
> Karen in Malta

  _____

Get started.
<http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID27925::T:WLMTAGL:ON: