I'm wondering if these manufactures and people using these plated pins ever think of the acids some of our bodies emit. Some people have problems with the metals of jewelry. Their bodies cause the plating to wear off more quickly than others. There seems to be some kind of acid.

Patsy A. Goodman

----- Original Message ----- From: "David C COLLYER" <dccoll...@ncable.net.au>

>Clay
does it hold up? And, the answer is clearly no. Before I had finished one (fairly large) project, the gold plating was completely worn away, and I was left with a needle that was indistinguishable from the others in my needle case. Definitely not worth the money, in my opinion, especially when you consider that 250 pins wouldn't get you far in any project!!

That reminds me of the handles of my gold-plated embroidery scissors which are now as silver as the rest of the scissors.
David