Hello All,
just back from the congress of DKV I read Jeri's and other mail about this
subject.
In a certain part from Germany, das Bergische Land, and in some parts of
Switzerland they made hairwork as well. The "table" they use is named Jatte and
has heavy things around as weights to make a proper work.
At the end of 19th century such hairworks were very common in Germans
bourgeoisie. Today you could see such things in lots of museums.
I herited such a piece from my grandmother, but I didn't like it and gave it
away.

Greetings from Ilske in Germany which had a wonderful congress.