Dear MaryCarmen;
My information is from last fall, but I've been taking my lacemaking stuff on
the plane for years.  As you know, they don't worry about pins in a lace
pillow.  Nor do they worry about sewing needles.  Nonetheless, I only carry on
the pins I will need for the flight, just in case some airline person doesn't
understand.  You can carry on scissors as long as they have the blunt ends
commonly used in elementary school.  One note however.  Make sure your pillow
will fit on the tray.  A pillow about the size of a laptop is what you want.
There is an ethafoam round travel pillow that will take a sort of roller, but I
like it as a cookie pillow.  Also it doesn't add weight.

Lyn in Pennsylvania, USA where the weather is sunny summer, and the roses are
in full swing.